Three-Slit Experiment and Complementarity
Mohd Asad Siddiqui, CTP, JMI.
11th September 2014, 3:30 PM.
Ph.D. pre-submission Seminar:
Black holes in modified theories of gravity and their properties
Uma Papnoi , CTP, JMI.
22nd September 2014, 3:30 PM.
- Dr. Nidhi Joshi completed her Ph.D.
- Prof. M. Sami and Prof. Anjan Sen joined the International Science Development Team of The Thirty Meter Telescope Project, which is a collaboration of Caltech, University of California (UC) and the Association of Canadian Universities for Research in Astronomy (ACURA), and many other countries.
- Prof. Q.N. Usmani joined the Centre as Honorary Visiting Professor.
• Upcoming International Conference on Matters of Gravity and the Universe,
27-29 October 2014
The Centre for Theoretical Physics is a vibrant research centre in the central university Jamia Millia Islamia. It was established in the year 2006.
During the last three years, Centre for Theoretical Physics (CTP) has grown into a leading centre for research in the country, and is the only centre in Delhi which is solely dedicated to research in theoretical physics. The Centre's activities are mainly in the areas of astrophysics, gravitation, cosmology and high energy physics. A significant number of scientists visit the centre each year, participating in workshops, seminars, training courses, and a range of other scientific activities.
Objectives of the Centre
- To promote scientific research, advanced teaching and training in areas of theoretical physics particularly Cosmology, High Energy Physics, Nuclear Physics.
- To provide a forum for interaction among scientists, research workers, teachers and students involved in these disciplines with each other and also among national and international experts in those areas.
- To provide research facilities to individual workers or research groups, especially to those who are deprived of such facilities for extended periods.
- To create an atmosphere of scientific awareness, motivation for new ideas and interdisciplinary research.
- To disseminate knowledge of recent advances in Theoretical Physics on a popular level among students and general public with a view to inculcate scientific temper which is essential to build a modern society in India.