- Courses offered under Choice Based Credit System
- Remya Nair joined post-doc at IUCAA, Pune, June 2015.
- Arnab Dasgupta joined post-doc at IOP, Bhubaneswar.
- Dr. Naveen Kumar Singh joined CTP as DS Kothari Post-Doctoral Fellow on 11th May 2015.
- Dr. Shibesh Kumar Jas Pacif joined CTP as NBHM-DAE Post-Doctoral Fellow on 1st May 2015.
- The Visitor’s Award for ‘Research’, instituted by the President of India, was presented to the Cosmology and Astrophysics Research Group, Centre for Theoretical Physics, Jamia Millia Islamia for path breaking research carried out in the field of Astrophysics and Cosmology, on 4th February 2015
- ScalPy: A cosmology software developed at CTP
The Centre for Theoretical Physics is a vibrant research centre in the central university Jamia Millia Islamia. It was established in the year 2006.
During the last three years, Centre for Theoretical Physics (CTP) has grown into a leading centre for research in the country, and is the only centre in Delhi which is solely dedicated to research in theoretical physics. The Centre's activities are mainly in the areas of astrophysics, gravitation, cosmology and high energy physics. A significant number of scientists visit the centre each year, participating in workshops, seminars, training courses, and a range of other scientific activities.
Objectives of the Centre
- To promote scientific research, advanced teaching and training in areas of theoretical physics particularly Cosmology, High Energy Physics, Nuclear Physics.
- To provide a forum for interaction among scientists, research workers, teachers and students involved in these disciplines with each other and also among national and international experts in those areas.
- To provide research facilities to individual workers or research groups, especially to those who are deprived of such facilities for extended periods.
- To create an atmosphere of scientific awareness, motivation for new ideas and interdisciplinary research.
- To disseminate knowledge of recent advances in Theoretical Physics on a popular level among students and general public with a view to inculcate scientific temper which is essential to build a modern society in India.